I cannot believe 2018 is almost over. It feels like just yesterday that I was saying hello 2018! It has been a tough year for some of us and I am so happy that it’s over. I have learnt so much this year. I am so grateful for all the lessons and I am so eager yet scared of what 2019 holds for me.
I have taken some time to reflect on some of the lessons I have learnt this year and to share them with you.
- Change can be so good. I did not know that until I changed and let change into my life. I welcomed change, embraced change and allowed change to change me into a better person.
- I had to cherish the people closet to me. Because one day they won’t be here anymore.
- Time is a funny thing, and it goes by so fast. Make the best of each moment.
- I had to forgive myself in order to move on in my life.
- It is okay to be selfish with myself. I had to learn that I am also important and that I come first in my life. Always!
- People will make time for me, if I am important to them. If they don’t call, text, or make any attempt to check up on me. I’m not going to waste my time.
- Beginning to love myself was the best thing I could have ever done. It was the day I said “I love you” to myself, that I set myself free.
- Healing was my first step to self awareness that I am worthy to heal.
- No matter what was done to me in the past, it made me the strong person I am today.
- Following the beat to my own drum was when I learned that I can have my own opinions and not always follow the opinions of other people.
- I had to let go of friends that didn’t make me feel good about myself. And that is okay.
- I cannot be around people who are not good for myself mental and emotional health.
- I only live once. So I make sure I treat myself whenever I can.
- Just because I am not where I want to be in my life. Doesn’t mean I will never make it to where I want to be.
- I stopped living up to peoples expectations and I saw myself as my own expectation to live up to.
- I was so focused on every bad thing people have done to me or said about me, that I didn’t notice all the good things about myself.
- When I stopped hiding behind the glass door, I saw things in a different perspective.
- I stopped being around people who made me feel like I was hard to love.
- I will always be what I need.
- That being said, I don’t have to be what other people see as beautiful. Because I am beautiful to me.
Here is to 2018, thank you for all the lessons, tears, loss, gains and happiness you gave to me this year. I salute you. I welcome 2019 with open arms and a smile and I am ready to take on the year as it comes.