This was and still is my favorite salad my grandmother made when she was alive. Ever since she started making this noodle salad, I have had literal cravings for it every now-and-then. It is that delicious! I love making it because it brings back memories from when my grandmother used to make it and I used to lick the bowl after she made the sauce for the salad.
I hope you enjoy making and eating it, like I do.
x1 packet of screw noodles or normal macaroni noodles
1 & 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup vinegar
1 cup tomato sauce
1/2 cup of oil
5 tablespoons curry powder (Less if you don’t like it strong)
A few drops of tabasco sauce
- Cook the noodles according to the instructions on packet until cooked. Allow the noodles to drain properly.
- Half the chili and depip, cut it in small pieces. Peel and cut the onion into small pieces as well.
- Mix the noodles, onion and chili in a salad bowl or a big glass bowl.
- Mix the tomato sauce, vinegar, oil, sugar, curry powder, tabasco sauce until sugar is dissolved and sauce is not too thick but not too watery either.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the noodles and mix well until all the noodles are covered.
- Put the salad into the fridge to cool and then serve.
This salad is perfect for a BBQ or even with a light dinner. You will be wanting a second helping of this, and you will be making it again.
Eat good. Live good. Feel good.